Wesley M. Charlton
I understand and accept the above terms.
As an associate, Wes Charlton primarily focuses his practice on civil litigation of all types, estate planning and elder law, as well as corporate and business law. He represents a diverse group of clients, including individuals, businesses, partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations. Wes has successfully helped numerous companies and individuals navigate through difficult situations while also finding answers to their particular legal or business issues.
He currently serves as town attorney for Irvington, Virginia.
Wes earned his J.D. from The University of Richmond School of Law, magna cum laude, earned a B.A. in Literary & Cultural Studies from the College of William & Mary, and graduated high school from Christchurch School. During law school, Wes clerked for the Honorable Harry T. Taliaferro, III, presiding judge of the 15th Judicial Circuit.
Prior to law school, Wes was signed to Judy Collins’ Wildflower Records as a writing and recording artist. He was also president of End of the Road Records and Publishing. His original songs (music and lyrics) have been featured in numerous television shows and films.
He and his wife, Charlotte, and their two young children, Nora and Isaac, live in the town of White Stone in Lancaster County. They enjoy actively participating in the local community and attend Grace Episcopal Church, Kilmarnock, Virginia.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation of all types
- Estate Planning and Elder Law
- Corporate and Business Law
- Virginia, 2012
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia
- J.D. magna cum laude - May, 2012
- Honors: Winner of two CALI awards for academic distinction
- College of William and Mary
- B.A. - May, 2005
- Major: LIterary & Culture Studies
- Christchurch School
Past Employment Positions
- Hubbard, Terry & Britt, P.C.
- Macaulay & Burtch, P.C.
- The Curwood Law Firm
- Judy Collins’ Wildflower Records
- End of the Road Records & Publishing
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Counsel for the town of Irvington, Lancaster County, Virginia
- Board Member Northern Neck Family YMCA
- Board Member Northern Neck Food Bank
- Board Member Northern Neck CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates)