Ammon G. Dunton Jr.
I understand and accept the above terms.
Since returning to the Northern Neck from the practice of law on Wall Street, Mr. Dunton has assumed leadership roles in many Virginia businesses, including acting as Chairman of Bay Banks of Virginia, Chairman of the Bank of Lancaster, Chairman of Northern Neck Insurance Company, President of the Virginia Association of Mutual Insurance Companies, Vice President of the Virginia Chamber of Commerce, etc. He now acts as business law consultant to attorneys in the firm.
Mr. Dunton has been and remains active in estate settlement and in trust administration. He is trustee of numerous trusts in Virginia and in other states. He is a member of Grace Episcopal Church, Kilmarnock Virginia, where he has been elected to the Vestry and as Senior Warden three times. He has served as a trustee of the Funds of the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia. He is also active in local charitable work and remains President of the Tidewater Foundation, Inc., a local charitable organization. He is married and has four adult children.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- 90% Trusts, Estate Planning & Probate
- 10% Business Law
- 5% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Virginia, 1962
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- L.L.B. - 1962
- Law Journal: Virginia Journal of International Law, Associate Editor, 1961 - 1962
- Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
- B.A. - 1957
Honors and Awards
- Virginia Super Lawyers, 2006 - 2012
- Virginia Legal Elite
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Virginia State Bar
- Northern Neck Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association, Chairman, Committee on Special Issues of State and National Importance, 1977 - 1979
Past Employment Positions
- Shearman & Sterling, New York, Attorney, 1962 - 1966
Pro Bono Activities
- President, Mary Ball Washington Memorial & Library, 1969 - 1971
- President, Northern Neck Historical Society, 1970 - 1972
- Chairman, Lancaster County Landmarks Commission, 1971 - 1983
- Chairman, Lancaster County Bicentennial Commission, 1973 - 1976